Deborah Jessie Case

Chat, rants and banter for Palm Beach County State Attorney's Office employees
Anonymous

Deborah Jessie Case

Postby Anonymous » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:43 pm

According to the State Attorney's Office, PBSO couldn't arrest Jammy Washington in January because the crime was a misdemeanor not committed in their presence. If that's true, how do deputies arrest [i]anyone[/i] for domestic battery? Almost all domestic battery events occur outside the presence of the deputies, yet plenty of people end up in jail for the crime.
0 x

Anonymous

Deborah Jessie Case

Postby Anonymous » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:22 pm

[quote="Anonymous"]According to the State Attorney's Office, PBSO couldn't arrest Jammy Washington in January because the crime was a misdemeanor not committed in their presence. If that's true, how do deputies arrest [i]anyone[/i] for domestic battery? Almost all domestic battery events occur outside the presence of the deputies, yet plenty of people end up in jail for the crime.[/quote]

Because Domestic Violence is one of the exceptions you tool!
0 x

Anonymous

Deborah Jessie Case

Postby Anonymous » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:23 pm

[quote="Anonymous"][quote="Anonymous"]According to the State Attorney's Office, PBSO couldn't arrest Jammy Washington in January because the crime was a misdemeanor not committed in their presence. If that's true, how do deputies arrest [i]anyone[/i] for domestic battery? Almost all domestic battery events occur outside the presence of the deputies, yet plenty of people end up in jail for the crime.[/quote]

Because Domestic Violence is one of the exceptions you tool![/quote]

I understand that. And since domestic violence is one of the exceptions why then could they not arrest Jammy back in January?
0 x

Anonymous

Deborah Jessie Case

Postby Anonymous » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:41 am

Conflicts in the evidence? That call is the responsibility of the LEO on scene and at the time of the incident. Wimping out and "filing" it with the SAO is simply looking to get a rubber stamp. If YOU have PC, then YOU should make the arrest.
0 x

Return to “State Attorney's Office”